Prepping For Your Appointment
If you have not had a cleaner before and are unsure of if you need to do anything beforehand, here are some ways you can help before we arrive:
- Ensure that someone will be home at your scheduled time, or that the door code or key has been given to your cleaner. It’s easier for us to clean without worrying about getting in the way of anyone at home, but we don’t mind the company!
- We love animals and always appreciate a beautiful cat or a friendly dog, but they tend to walk over freshly mopped floors! If you’re okay with the risk of paw prints we’ll do our best to prevent them while your pets are in the house, but if not, please have your animals on a play date out of the house or in another room while we’re there. Another option is for us to let them out to visit and play when we arrive, and put them back in their crate/room when we’re doing the floors.
- If you have any preferred cleaning products/tools that you use, please have those available or indicate where they are stored. We prefer to use clients’ vacuums so we don’t have to haul ours around, but we always have one with us.
- Set your thermostat to 21 C maximum. Cleaning is the most comfortable for our team in a cool environment!
- Do a quick tidy of your house to clear as many surfaces as possible. We will not move tiny or breakable items around, so please move them off of surfaces you would like to be dusted/cleaned. We also do not move furniture for regular appointments, with the exception of small items such as footstools.
About Our Services
All services include routine cleaning items and deep cleaning items are available for add-on when booking. Deep cleaning cannot be added once we arrive, as our time is only allotted for your pre-scheduled service.
Upon arrival, if we decide we do not have enough time allotted to complete all services, we will either add time to your appointment if our schedule allows, or complete your appointment on time but ask for your priority areas and ensure those are cleaned. If you will not be home for the appointment, please leave a list with priority areas and we will ensure those are done for you.
Clients are required to provide a minimum of 12 hours notice for any cancellation or rescheduling of their cleaning appointment. If a client cancels or reschedules their appointment within 12 hours of the scheduled time, we will charge 50% of the cost of the service as a cancellation fee for lost revenue, as we won’t be able to fill that spot with another client.
In addition, if our cleaning team arrives at a client’s property and is unable to gain access, we will charge a fee of $125 to compensate for our team’s time and effort. This charge will be higher for appointments that we have more time set aside for, such as deep cleans or move-in/out cleanings.
We understand that unforeseen circumstances can arise, and we will do our best to accommodate any changes to our clients’ schedules. We ask that clients respect our time and effort by providing us with adequate notice of any cancellations or rescheduling requests.